Saturday, April 11, 2020

part 22

part 22 of many...

My project reflection.

 This project challenged me in various different ways but also taught me a lot about the power of creativity and how you can turn a vision into a reality. I struggled a lot with what I wanted to create at first because I wanted to create something that could have an impact on the audience and that could emote feelings. When I finally settled on the topic that I wanted to create my project on, I was pretty happy because I was able to create the idea for what I wanted my film opening to look like.            Throughout the entire duration of this project a lot, and I mean a lot, has changed. The idea that I originally started with was impossible to film with the circumstances that occurred and It really caught me off guard because the week I was supposed to film was the beginning of the quarantine that we are still under. My entire opening was going to take place in school so I really had to change the entirety of the project while still trying to keep the same impact from my original idea. The final opening was a mixture of some shot ideas from the original plan and a lot of trial and error, seeing what worked and what didn't within the parameters of what I could do at home. Considering all of the things that I had to change and all of the things that happened throughout the project I'm glad that I was still able to produce the opening in a creative manner and be proud of it.
I think my biggest struggle by far was time management. It's something that I have always struggled with and this project definitely showed me that I have to really change the way I work. The bulk of the project, which was the all the moments around the original timeline of the project were probably some of the busiest months of my life. I was auditioning for college and busy with back to back rehearsals for my senior show, and my life was just so busy that my priorities were all over the place and unfortunately the project was not my priority at times and that's where I felt was my greatest fault. I definitely should have put more attention towards all aspects and creative steps of the project, so that I wouldn't have been so stressed. If I could do this project again, I would have managed my time a lot better and had a more rigid creative schedule that I would have stuck to.
Overall though, I am satisfied with the project I created and I feel that it is an impactful piece.
I am glad that I had the chance to do this project because I have always loved watching film and now that I was able to create even a little piece of it, I can appreciate all of the things that go into creating film, from the struggles to the triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

part 24

part 24 of... 24! So here it is... my CCR! I hope you enjoy! well, thats it for me. see ya! :)