Monday, February 24, 2020

part 4

Part 4 of many...

I've been thinking of some of the shots that I want to do for my film opening, and I've been gathering some of my favorite scenes in recent movies that I've watched as inspiration. For example there is one shot in Moonlight (2016) that I thought was very interesting. It was a shot of the main character looking at himself in the mirror for about 30 seconds with the light flickering above him. The duration of the shot, intensity of the character and composition of the shot create a simple but impactful shot that particularly stood out to me.


 Another sequence that I thoroughly enjoyed was the opening scene of Marriage Story (2019). The way the characters were able to establish themselves in a way that felt natural and authentic made a big difference in how you viewed them for the rest of the movie. The way the opening scene was filmed was also very interesting, with an array of shots that matched what the characters were saying in the voice over. 

I know that this is a type of film opening that I would do, one that establishes character and creates a connection with the audience from the very start. In this next week I want to establish my storyline and begin to think about what story I want to tell with my 2(ish) minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

part 24

part 24 of... 24! So here it is... my CCR! I hope you enjoy! well, thats it for me. see ya! :)