Monday, February 17, 2020

part 1

Portfolio Project!

Part one of many... 

Hi! Welcome to my portfolio project! Get ready to embark on the crazy journey that is my mind. Throughout these blog posts I will be breaking down every single aspect of the film opening that I am tasked with creating. I still don't have a clear idea of what I want to create because there is so much possibility that lies within 2 minutes of film. I really could go in any direction, and sometimes that exact freedom can be overwhelming. I've been thinking of the type of film opening that I want to present, I know that I want to make it as engaging as possible for my audience. I keep on thinking about that one quote said by Andrew Stanton in his TED talk. "Make Me Care". I realize that when I watch film, I want to be moved by the content that I am consuming. I want to root for the character, I want to be so engaged in the story that I too feel every emotion that the character is feeling. 

Update: I just spent about an hour trying to think about what I want to create and wow its hard. I think that I have settled on creating an opening that falls within the general drama genre conventions. I feel that within those conventions I will still be able to create something that's unique and interesting.
Well I'm off to do some more research on this genre! I already like the idea of blogging my process. I feel that It will definitely keep me on task and will force me to have a full thought process behind every artistic choice I make which will end up making me a better artist. 
xoxo, dani. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

part 24

part 24 of... 24! So here it is... my CCR! I hope you enjoy! well, thats it for me. see ya! :)