Saturday, March 7, 2020

part 8

part 8 of many...

sound!

For this project I decided that in order to build more tension for the audience, I would refrain from using song in the background. Instead I want to use diegetic sound such as running sounds and heavy breathing so that the audience can be completely immersed in the situation without the distraction of music. The sound design for my project will revolve around the characters movement. I will have to create foley for some of the sounds such as the breathing and running so that I can manipulate and layer them in order to create an impact. I also thought to add a voice over of the character repeating phrases such as "I'm okay" or "he won't shoot" so that the audience can grasp the level of madness and anxiety that the character feels. I feel that without sound, The intensity of the situation will be elevated. A movie that successfully creates tension with no music and minimal sound is The Quiet Place (2018). They use silence to their advantage, and the sound that they do use is diegetic sound that helps build tension, which is what I want to achieve with my opening.  Once I begin filming I will record the sounds and see how well the incorporate with the video aspect of the video. Depending on the shot and and what is going on, I will choose the sound that is most appropriate with the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

part 24

part 24 of... 24! So here it is... my CCR! I hope you enjoy! well, thats it for me. see ya! :)