Saturday, March 21, 2020

post 12

part 12 of many...
character analysis!

I am going to use my younger brother who is currently a freshman in high school as my center and sole character for my opening. He has been exposed to all of the news of shootings in schools and gun control over the past years just like all other American teenagers, so he has some background knowledge of living in a world where this is a real problem.
this is my brother
-->


I want to dress him in clothes that are darker, such as gray or black, in order to to enforce the idea that he is a character that is emotionally dark. a simple black shirt or jacket will do, just working and see with what we've got with us currently.

 I want to portray this character as someone who is generally anxious, and made more so with the circumstances that he has lived through, so it will be important for me to tell my brother how to act so that the audience can pick up on his attitude and understand that he has anxiety and PTSD.

here's the general idea what I want my character to be like:
Antonio- 17 years old. A junior in high school who has just been part of a school shooting a couple of months. back. He had been on track academically and was getting excellent grades and SAT scores that would award him many college acceptances. After this shooting happened, which he was in close proximity with the shooter, he was never the same. He developed PTSD and general anxiety disorder after the shooting and this film opening is a reflection of how this affects day to day tasks.
As I film, I will more of his character will shine through but this is just the shining points that I wanted to display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

part 24

part 24 of... 24! So here it is... my CCR! I hope you enjoy! well, thats it for me. see ya! :)